Monday, April 1, 2013

Gentlecrafters, start your engines...

As I mentioned in my brief welcome, I have been trying to start this blog for some time now, but the kids keep complaining about being fed, the laundry keeps refusing to clean itself and my pesky job keeps insisting that I show up for all of the 40 hours they pay me for. So I think I'll need a little fire under my tired behind to get things going and keep them going. That's actually the only way I have ever been able to accomplish any crafts at all amongst all of these life demands is just get started. That's deeply philosophical I know, but as a mom, I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions and find that simple approach of just get started is critical. No stopping to assess the guilt over what I could or couldn't be cleaning, no worrying what the end result will be, no judgement about how any of the other millions of amazing crafters out there are doing it. So I'm going to try and set a goal of sharing 100 tips, tricks, crafts and projects that I have found and tried from the crafting mecca that is Pinterest over the next 100 days. Hmm, on second thought let's just say days because I can't be held accountable for the disease and pestilence that my munchkins bring home, but there will be crafts! And fun! And things that will add up to 100 in an approximate set of days :) Some will be simple, some a little more complex, but all an opportunity to get out there and just pick something off those pins and boards I know you all have. Let's do it together and JUST. GET. STARTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment