Sunday, April 7, 2013

Leftover Easter Egg Shells Mosaics


Ok last leftover Easter related craft. I promise I will be better about the timing of these posts in the future! Just like the dye, I felt bad throwing away the eggs we had worked so hard in dyeing so many beautiful colors. Instead I peeled the eggs and let the shells dry, putting each color group into a separate sandwich bag.
I printed out coloring pages for preschoolers because the more basic the shapes of the picture, the easier to do a mosaic. 

The only other material we used was clear school glue. Then it was simply filling a shape with glue and then placing the egg shells on top. I loved the technique and I did the flower myself to show that it's a good craft for older kids and teens too. Not because I'm a total kid myself, just as an example. Ahem. 
We had a lot of fun with this and the cost was just a couple of pieces of paper and some glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment