Friday, April 12, 2013

Best things in Life Handprint Frame

While scouting around on Pinterest for ideas for a gift from the kids for my mom's birthday I found this idea and while I really loved the idea, I thought I could do it without having to buy a vinyl decal. I took an 8 x 10 frame that was double glass on both sides. Then I made a word document with the quote using the font "celebrate the day" from a free font site "Fonts 101". I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but if you google free fonts and download them, they will be available right in your word documents, giving you lots of creative options. 



Then I placed the quote under the glass and traced it with an extra fine point paint marker.
Finally I had each of the kids make a handprint and then framed it behind the quote. I love the way it came out and it was much cheaper not paying for the vinyl quote! I'm sure if you rubbed the paint or scratched it a lot, it could come off, but that seems unlikely with my mom hanging it on the wall. I also love that I can easily have the kids do the handprints and update the frame over the years. Great gift and needless to say Mimi loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment