Monday, April 8, 2013

Our Starter Home House Key Frame


I actually did this several months back, but it's one of the easiest and cutest ideas in Pinterest land. All I did was keep a copy of our old house key when we moved and found this distressed wood frame at World Market.  Once I chose some of our colors, I picked out the paper and then painted the key this teal accent color for my kitchen. I love the way it came out and our friends comment on it all the time. I love having personal pieces in your home that create character. Plus if you're going to save these types of mementos anyway, like I do, then you might as well put them on display so you can actually enjoy them. Even though it would be hard to get a copy of someone else's key, this would be a great housewarming gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment